Create function based index in H2 database

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away….

I was working on a web application in which we were using Oracle as a main database. Once I had a task to create function based index checking data uniqueness. Few minutes and I found a solution because Oracle allows use functions in index creation.

LOWER was the used function and as you can see everything is clear and rather obvious. Done. I can go home and grab some beer. But… but we were using H2 database for tests and some of the repository tests lights in red now. What is going on?

Continue reading

Force files character encoding in Spring web applications

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away….

I was working on a web application where back end was written in Java and front end was based on AngularJS. We were using AngularJS MultiSelect directive (version 4.0.0) created by Ignatius Steven for labeling content by user. One day our Business asked for possibility to add filter for each select because amounts of available labels was constantly growing up. It seemed to not be a problem at first glance because the directive has a built-in filter component which can be turned on. And when I took the task, turned the filter on, tested on grunt development server it really looked like everything works. But…

Continue reading

Welcome aboard!

Hello! I am Piotr Prądzyński and I am very glad to welcome you on my new blog.

Few words about me at the beginning. I am a computer programmer who began professional career in 2009. Since that time I was working on plenty of source code. For survive (money) mostly on Java or Groovy web applications. For pleasure on various others. Some of my works are available on GitHub. Currently I am self-employed and I am working from Toruń on projects for Roche.

Continue reading

© 2016 solved.FYI

Theme by Anders NorenUp ↑